Ethical Trading Policy
Vision On is a design and display solutions business which provides a unique, end to end service. We bring ideas to life, providing design, manufacturing and installation services including: artworking and graphic design, prototyping, bespoke 2D and 3D props, large format digital printing, wide format laminating, lightbox manufacture, retail and window displays, banners, hoarding and building wraps. We strive for excellence in everything we do and treat our customers, suppliers and employees as we would like to be treated.
As a socially responsible small business, our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect that:>
- Products manufactured by Vision On are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by Vision On are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- We act in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
Vision On is committed to implementing the principals of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI).
This policy sets out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner. We encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
Vision On Limited Ethical Trading Code of Practice:
This Code of Practice applies to:
- Individuals directly employed by Vision On, on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Consultants, self-employed contractors, workers employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on Vision On’s premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of Vision On.
- No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
- All employment with Vision On is freely chosen.
- Employees are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
- Employees are free to leave Vision On after reasonable notice.
- No child labour shall be used. There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
- Young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- We take adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimise potential hazards.
- Workers receive health and safety training and information.
- Workers have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- Vision On has a published Health & Safety Policy.
- Pay rates are equal to or above the national legal minimum standards.
- Employees are given information about the particulars of their wages for the pay period concerned each time that they are paid.
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure.
- Deductions from wages for amounts not provided for by national law are not acceptable without the express permission of the worker concerned.
- Employees are given clearly understandable written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship and the respective obligations of the employee and employer.
- Overtime is undertaken on a voluntary basis.
- Workers are not forced to work in excess of an average of 48 hours per week and a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those employees wishing to work in excess of an average of 48 hours per week.
- Workers are provided with at least 2 days off every fortnight.
- Vision On will, unless unavoidable, provide regular employment for its employees based on a recognised employment relationship established through national law and practice.
- There is no discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, caste, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Physical abuse, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation are prohibited.
Employment agencies supplying temporary workers to Vision On shall demonstrate commitment to, and application of, the requirements of this policy. These agencies shall ensure that all workers supplied to Vision On are eligible to work in the UK and will retain copies of identity papers, work permits or passport stamps as detailed in the Home Office List of Specified Documents and UK Passport Stamps.